Injectables & Liquid FaceLifts
Injectables are a great short-term alternative for many men and women who want to improve mild skin laxity, minimal to moderate sagging around the mid-face, deep glabellar lines (parentheses) and mild to moderate wrinkles. A Liquid Facelift requires less time and no open surgery, which means there is also less risk involved compared to a surgical face lift.
- Why? A youthful face is taught and plump with fuller cheeks. As you age you lose fat in your face and this “fat” contributes to filling out your skin and keeping your face looking smooth, soft and supple. At about the age of 25, we stop producing collagen.
- How? Collagen plays a major role in facial volume and contouring, and its decreased production leads to volume loss and sagging. We also tend to lose muscle as we age and this also affects our facial contours.
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Why? Young, healthy skin contains an abundance of hydrating and firming substances including Hyaluronic Acid [HA] and collagen. As we go through the years, our skin becomes dryer and less elastic for many reasons, including genetics, sun exposure, smoking, and facial expressions.
- How? We tend to begin to see the first fine lines around 30-35 years old. Overexposure to the sun or smoking can greatly accelerate the aging process.
Look Up to 10 Years Younger
- This quick fix that plumps up lines, wrinkles and hollow contours is such a great facial rejuvenator that your friends will be asking you what’s different, why do you look years younger – is it your hair, makeup, what is it? You’ll look refreshed, rested and younger without looking “done”.
- The liquid facelift or injectable face lift is truly a great option for anyone with minimal signs of aging, including losing volume in your face and an increase in fine lines and wrinkles. Many celebrities are opting for this treatment instead of surgical lifts. Add a peel to really get that amazing glow to go along with your softer, younger face!
- Please keep in mind that, although this is such a great non-surgical option for treating mild to moderate signs of aging, it is not a replacement for a surgical facelift. You should also know that injectable facial treatments will have no effect on your neck, which can be one of the more telling areas when it comes to aging.
- If you are looking for a longer-term result for more severe signs of aging, you may want to consider a surgical face lift which can be done right in our surgery center and happens to be one of our most popular operations to perform.
Types of Injectables
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a non-surgical, no recovery-time, FDA-approved treatment for facial fine lines and wrinkles. It is proven to temporarily smooth moderate to severe lines and creases in people from 18 to 65 years old.
- We use Botox to treat wrinkles and unwanted creases in areas such as the forehead, brow area, crows feet, and the bunny lines of the upper nose.
- Juvéderm is a Hyaluranic Acid filler that is used to treat of facial folds, sagging contours and fine lines. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring element that helps deliver moisture to your skin. Around the age of 25 our bodies begin to produce less HA, causing fine lines and wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Juvederm is great for smile lines, marionette lines, folds in the corners of the mouth, sagging in the pre-jowl area and chin wrinkles.
- Restylane is used to smooth moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles such as the lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds).
- The larger particle size in Perlane allows treatment of deeper and more severe wrinkles and folds than other dermal fillers. Parlance has been found to be a safe dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin.
- Dysport is an alternative form of botulinum toxin that helps to reduce moderate wrinkles and fine lines by temporarily relaxing certain muscles in your face.
- Dysport injections can reduce wrinkles of the brow (frown lines), eyes (crow’s feet), lips and neck. With a series of injections a dramatic reduction in these types of wrinkles can be achieved. This is our most popular choice!
- During fat transfers, or grafting, Dr. White will carefully harvest fat cells from one part of your body and then inject the fat to fill other body part like breasts, face or buttocks, in order to improve fullness and contour.
- Unlike synthetic fillers, which tend to have a higher absorption rate, fat injections maintain 30-50% of their volume depending on the area. This technique is used frequently without major procedures and is the cornerstone of the Brazilian Butt Lift.